Complaint Review: DELL COMPUTER, CIT BANK

P.O. Box 81577
    Austin, Texas

DELL COMPUTER, CIT BANK ripoff BANK ROBBERY Austin Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Dell Direct Number

I pay my monthly DELL Computer bill by personal check on time every month. On April 2, 2004, I checked my bank account to find that DELL COMPUTER, CIT BANK had ELECTRONICALLY stolen money from my bank account. DELL was NOT authorized to take more money than the amount that I had written on my check.

When I called DELL about this, DELL told me that it was NOT their fault. DELL claims that it my bank's fault for allowing DELL to take an amount that was different from what I had written on my check to them.

Not only did DELL, CIT BANK rip me off, they have caused my bank account to have a NEGATIVE BALANCE. I have checks bouncing ALL over the place now! I contacted my bank about this. My bank put in for a DISPUTE OF CHARGES. This does NOT help me at all because of the total MESS it has made on my checking account.
I'll tell you, I am SICK TO DEATH of BIG CORPORATE COMPANIES screwing with the American People! It's not bad enough that I cannot even pay my bills without being ripped off. I cannot even speak with DELL'S Customer Service because DELL hires employees from INDIA that I cannot understand!
HELP!

A
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2004 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell-computer-cit-bank/austin-texas-78708-1577/dell-computer-cit-bank-ripoff-bank-robbery-austin-texas-87038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Dell Direct Number

AUTHOR: Rodney - (U.S.A.)

Here are a couple of suggestions.

1. File a complaint with the Austin BBB.
I've done that on several occasions for other issues and I've gotten responses from the companies.

2. File a complaint with the Texas Banking Commission. If you sent a physical check to Dell, and they processed it as a check, then your bank made the mistake of debitting an amount different than the check.

If Dell processes it as a debit transaction, then they are the ones responsible for issuing a debit amount to your bank different than what you wrote
on the check.

3. Here is Dell's direct Austin phone number.
It is a toll-call, but it is a good place to start so that you can raise holy hell with them.
Dell Computers