Complaint Review: Dell Computer

• Dell Computer

Nationwide
    USA

Dell Computer Dell Refurbished Computers Not Refurbished Nationwide

Dell Computers sells what it calls "refurbished" computers on e-bay and elsewhere.  I purchased one presuming that it had been "refurbished".  When I received it, it kept doing quirky things and didn't work right.

I went to the Dell site and ran a diagnostic test on the computer which said that it had a defective hard drive.  To me that means that it wasn't even tested before they sold it.

I checked with Dell and their cheaper replacement hard drive was about $150 at the time.  When I contacted them about replacing my hard drive they said they would allow me $50 towards a new one.  When I protested their response was "after all, you have a USED hard drive".

My suggestion is to NEVER purchase a refurbished computer of any kind, particularly from Dell unless you can be absolutely re-assured that you can return it if it is defective for a full refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2015 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell-computer/nationwide/dell-computer-dell-refurbished-computers-not-refurbished-nationwide-1273340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content