Complaint Review: Dell Inc., Dell Computers

• Submitted: Fri, June 11, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, June 11, 2010
  • Reported By: Capnmagpie — Milwaukee Wisconsin U.S.A.
  • Dell Inc., Dell Computers

Internet
    United States of America

Dell Inc., Dell Computers Will not honor warranty, Internet

I called Dell on June 9, 2010, to order a replacement LCD screen for my Inspiron 1545.  It is still under warranty and they should have simply agreed to send the replacement. I had to request a supervisor and even then was completely blown off. Not only was I blown off, but any evidence of my call was also deleted.  When the part I had been told would ship did not arrive, I called back.  I was bounced around, hung up on-multiple times, and given no alternative other than to report them.

My husband was a Dell tech just 2 years ago.  Dell's usual procedure for a screw up this big is to escalate the call to a Same day, 4 hour service call.  They should have offered to ship the part to me within 4 hours.  Instead, I was told I would have to wait to have yet another manager call me back and see what he decides.

This is ridiculous! I do not need a technician, just a part!

Do NOT purchase a Dell anything! They will not honor their warranty.  All you will get is to be bounced around half the population of Mumbai.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2010 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell-inc-dell-computers/internet/dell-inc-dell-computers-will-not-honor-warranty-internet-613169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content