Complaint Review: DELL inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 20, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, June 20, 2011
  • Reported By: lisag — bayville New Jersey USA
  • DELL inc.
    one dell way
    round rock, Texas
    United States of America

DELL inc. scam, unauthorized charges to credit card round rock, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Question

on 6/13/11 i called to order the operating system reinstallation disks for a dell computer (as I have done on many occassions in the past because it was not found on the website. (note that sometimes, you can find & order online, but it is very difficult).  I called spoke with India for over a half hour, because all is repeated over and over and I made it CLEAR that I just wanted the recover disk for a certain model laptop.  you would think it was top secret information - all I want to do is pay this company for a recovery disk, because everyone loses them (this particular one being the case) and that is it.  I am asked 9000 questions, what when why how, etc...Dell is the absolute worst company!  And to think I fix all of their computers for them.  To the point, they decided that they would charge me an additional 96.25 in addition to the 19.24 for the actual item cost and hope i didnt see it. [continued below]....
.....  Because this is how many big companies are operating now.  And then the just claim stupidity or apologize for the so called "error".  This is clearly a scam to me and there needs to be repercussions for these actions.  I waste over 2 hours just trying to find the disk, then calling to order and then being charged for something else that was never discussed, never authorized and never even mentioned in my conversation.  I guess we now have to record all conversations and post them too!  What is this world coming to?  I cannot even trust paying for one thing and not being charged for another without my permission.  IT IS A SCAM AND COMPANIES LIKE DELL IS MAKING UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES TO PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS.  PLEASE HELP TO STOP THESE THEIVES!  Thank you for listening and I hope this helps someone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2011 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell-inc/round-rock-texas-78682/dell-inc-scam-unauthorized-charges-to-credit-card-round-rock-texas-742982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Question

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

And then the just claim stupidity or apologize for the so called "error".

Does this mean you brought it to their attention and they refunded your money?