Complaint Review: Dell

• Dell

Internet
    USA

Dell Dell Avoids Conact to Prevent Order Cancellations Internet

I placed an order for a TV on the Dell website on a Sat morning.  I changed my mind when I realized the rebate card offer was only good at the Dell site.  I tried several times during the weekend and on Monday morning to reach anyone at Dell.  But to communicate with them, one must have certain numbers (e.g. customer #, order #, etc) and Dell witholds these numbers to shut you out.  Once the order has shipped they send you a receipt with all those numbers.

When I got that email with the requisite nubmers on Monday afternoon, I immediately contacted Hyderabd, India chat site to stop the order.  The woman said she could not cancel orders and gave me an 800 # to call.  I called and got another Indian voice, male this time, and after collecting the magic numbers from me, he told me it was too late to cancel the order.

This was at 3 pm on the first week day after the order was placed and within 30 minutes of receiving the email with the magic #s.

Then the nice Desi man offered me a refund equal to the return shipping cost (for Dell), if I would accept the the order.  The $20 was not enough for me, so I declined the offer.

Then he told me to just return the item after it was delivered.  I know this will require an RMA# and it will take an hour of jumping around Inida call centers to get thea #.  Then I will have to drive the package to a UPS or FEDEX center.

Do not order anything frrom Dell unless you are convinced that you want that item.  They will not let you rescind the order and will force you to take delivery  in hopes you will keep the item rather than jumping through th hoops necesarry to return it.  This is a scam.  Reputable companies do not need to operate this way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2016 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell/internet/dell-dell-avoids-conact-to-prevent-order-cancellations-internet-1284050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content