Complaint Review: Dell
Dell, Dell Computer, Dell Technologies Dell XPS 13 9360 Display issue won't get issued a replacement Austin Texas
I've purchased a Dell XPS 13 9360 and I've had problems with the video flickering. It happens about every 5-10 minutes for about 5 seconds.
I've spent probably 30-40 hours trying to resolve the issue and I'm pretty fed up with it over the last 2-3 months. I didn't notice it enough to decide ultimately to get my money back but it is too late.
- I've run the diagnostic tool, and it apparently failed. A technician was sent to my house to replace a part of the computer not related to video, and the part was refurbished. I declined opening the device up and wanted to get my money back. Apparently this test always fails unless the computer is plugged in apparently. I found this out after the technician left...good I didn't let him replace a non-related part!
- I've realized my 30 day return window has passed. Gulp! That's after spending a few hours here and there trying to resolve the issue. Now I have a machine with an issue that is going to take plenty of hours to diagnose.
- I've updated the BIOS, updated the Video drivers, to no avail. I've now engaged Dell Chat support, who has stepped me through the entire process of doing this all over again.
- At this point, I've asked for an escalation. Normally this has been easy in the past, but I'm being forced to step through a repeat of the troubleshooting process which I've already accomplished
- At the end of the day, I'm seriously regretting this purchase. Until I get either a replacement, or my money back, I've decided to write reviews preventing someone from making the same mistake. This is a top of the line machine, there should be no reason why I can't get resolution in a timely manner without having to sacrifice 2-3 hours out of my day to watch someone remote to my machine and install drivers.
- This is a warning to others, stay away from this product. I rarely have purchased any laptop in the last 10 years that haven't had some major issue with it, and Dell is no exception. I'm now stuck with a time burden and a device that I do not want. You really have to stay on top of electronic companies these days....they will literally attempt to *** all the time away. The real purchase price of this machine is now double for the time wasted that I will not get back. Perhaps sharing my woes preventing others from buying this device will help
- Apparently from what I am reading this issue has been around much longer than the 9360 version of the XPS 13. That is unfortunate.
- The service help, although very kind, chooses not to address my request for escalation or talking about a replacement item. Im having to restore my device to a previously configured configuration. Does that mean I'm not entitled to update the drivers, ever? I dictate the terms of this agreement, just because you already have my 2500 dollars for the laptop does not mean that I can keep spending hours daily debugging.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2017 02:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell/nationwide/dell-dell-computer-dell-technologies-dell-xps-13-9360-display-issue-wont-get-issued-a-1372569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: