Complaint Review:

• Updated: Sat, April 08, 2017

• Reported By: regchamp — PLANO Illinois USA
Dell
1 Dell Way Round Rock, Texas USA

Dell Surendra Raj On 1-4-17 Dell advertised a sale on the product "WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0A - Solid state drive - 250 GB - internal - 2.5-inch - SATA 6Gb/s" for $19.99 each. So got online and ordered 2 of them from Dell, Dell Purchase ID: 2005704551081. Dell sent me an confirmation email the same day stating: Subtotal $199.98 Order Level Promotion:-$160.00 Shipping & Handling: $6.99 Shipping Discount Applied:-$6.99 Sales Tax:$2.50 Total Amount: $42.48 I then received an email 4 days later stating that my order had been cancelled. I did NOT cancel this order, Dell did, and did not give any explanation as to why. Round Rock Texas

Subtotal $199.98

Order Level Promotion:-$160.00

Shipping & Handling:$6.99

Shipping Discount Applied:-$6.99

Sales Tax:$2.50

Total Amount: $42.48

I then received an email 4 days later stating that my order had been cancelled. I did NOT cancel this order, Dell did, and did not give any explanation as to why. It just stated that order # 174520279 was cancelled. At the time I was working 80 hour work weeks and was not able to contact Dell because of all the time I was spending at work.

On 4-4-17 I was contacted by "Dell Advanced Resolution Team" Surendra Raj, by both email and phone.  When I was finally able to get ahold of Mr. Raj, he looked into the matter further and found out it was a pricing and advertising error on Dell's part.  Dell did NOT inform me of this when they originally cancelled my order, they gave no explanation at all.  He told me the company would not honor this original price.  He actually had the nerve to ask if I still wanted to order the products at full price, I refused.  They charged my credit card and had a hold on my $42.48 for over 7 days.  I asked Dell to honor the original advertised price and they refused.  This is not the first time this has happened, Dell will regularly post advertisements for "deals" on their products and then days later you find out that they have canceled your order, with no explanation, and then you have to wait for the money to come back to your bank account or credit card.  It is very unethical and they never honor any of their "mistakes"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2017 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell/round-rock-texas-78682/dell-surendra-raj-on-1-4-17-dell-advertised-a-sale-on-the-product-wd-blue-pc-ssd-wds250g-1366663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell