Complaint Review: Delta Air Lines Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 24, 2008
  • Reported By: Severn Maryland
  • Delta Air Lines Inc.
    1030 Delta Boulevard
    Atlanta, Georgia

Delta Air Lines Inc. False Misleading Flight Itinerary Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Where Have You Been?

So, you guessed it, another story about how the little guy always seems to get jerked around by the giant company! Here's my story:

My husband was going on a business trip to Hawaii. He always insists on flying with Delta, no matter how many times I tell him he can get that ticket cheaper elsewhere. So he books his flight with Delta leaving BWI with a layover in Minneapolis and going on to Hawaii. Delta sends his confirmation with itinerary to his email account complete with Delta's name and logo. According to the itinerary he was going to be receiving breakfast on the first leg of the flight and lunch on the second and these meals were supposed to be complimentary, not meals he would be paying extra for. So I take him to the airport at 7am. He calls me from Minneapolis and says that he didn't get breakfast... that food for purchase was offered, but that was it. I told him to just grab something in the airport and that I was sure they'd serve lunch on the next flight seeing as how it was a 9 to 10 hour flight. So he calls me when he gets to Hawaii and says that NO lunch was served on the second leg of the flight.

I waited a day or two and called Delta. They told me those two flights were handled by Northwest and that it wasn't their problem. I would have to call Northwest. I called Northwest and the Customer Service Agent I spoke with was extremely understanding and courteous. She gave me some options but said if I could get the right person on the phone with Delta I'd have better luck. She said Northwest has never offered complimentary meal service on any domestic flights. So I called Delta back and was basically told that they didn't care what their itinerary said... they were not going to stand behind their mistake. I was told that the agent from Northwest lied to me and as a "good will gesture", as the Delta Supervisor put it, they would offer a $25 voucher for future flights. Maybe I'm crazy but I think being put on a 10 hour flight with no meal is worth more than $25. I am getting no where with Delta! I will tell anyone who will listen what they have done.

Oh and to make matters worse... Delta owns Northwest!! Technically they are both to BLAME!!

V.
Severn, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/delta-air-lines-inc/atlanta-georgia-30320/delta-air-lines-inc-false-misleading-flight-itinerary-atlanta-georgia-392587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Where Have You Been?

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

Flights to Hawaii are considered domestic flights and regardless how long the flight takes there is only food for purchase. We quit using anything but Hawaiian for trips to Hawaii. They provide complimentary hot meals and great service -just like the old days. I wouldn't take United, American, Northwest etc to Hawaii if they were free.