Complaint Review: Delta Airlines

• Delta Airlines
    www.delta.com
    Atlanta, Georgia

Delta Airlines not listening Ripoff Atlanta Georgia

I was scheduled to depart Ontario, California on Friday October 1, 2004. My flight was to depart at 1:25 pm. At 1:20 they announced that the plane would possibly depart at 6:00pm. We were all told to go downstairs to the ticket counter to be rebooked. About 30 people were in line. We were told to contact the airlines via our cell phones. I finally contacted an agent who told me the next Delta flight would be tomorrow morning.

My husband was very ill and I desparately needed to return home on time. When I asked the agent if he could book me on another airline, he put me on hold, came back and told me an American Airlines flight would be leaving in 20 miniutes. My cell phone was losing power, so I told him to book me and [proceeded to take the shuttle to American and was told that since I didin't have a paper ticket, they could not exchange it for me. I was deparate. I purchased a one way ticket for $501. Then I was put through a very thorough security search. I almost missed my flight. When I contacted Delta. They said "sorry, you made the choice to purchase another ticket.

We will refund the portion of your unused ticket which was for $106. plus a voucher for $150 on my next Delta flight. Do you think I would ever fly Delta again. They responded with their typical corporate answer. Sorry, but this is all we can do. I will never fly this airlines again. Look for a lawsuit.

Nancy
fishers, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2004 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/delta-airlines/atlanta-georgia/delta-airlines-not-listening-ripoff-atlanta-georgia-112673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content