Complaint Review: Deluxe Carpet Cleaning

• Deluxe Carpet Cleaning
    1407 South 600 West, #A,
    Woods Cross, Utah
    USA

Deluxe Carpet Cleaning Deluxe Carpet Cleaning Utah Overcharged, Won't Send Refund Woods Cross Utah

*Author of original report: Update

I called these guys to clean out our air ducts in the house we just bought. The guy that came out (10/13/2013) was nice enough. We did a walkthrough of all the vents to clean before he started. After he finished, he came back and said that he found rat feces in some of the vents and recommended some cleaner that cost $250. I asked him to show me the feces and he said that he vacuumed it all up, but assured me it was there. i went ahead and let the guy up-sell me on something I was not planning on having done. After he finished up and he was ready to take my payment, he said that he found an additional five vents that he didn't see on our walkthrough. I was in a hurry to get to a meeting so I just took his word and paid the final amount.

The next day I got curious and counted all our vents. I did find a couple that were unaccounted for, but the guy still over-counted by some vents. I called the company and they said they'd send someone out to do a recount. Sure enough, this other guy agreed that we were overcharged. He said we'd receive a check in the mail within 2-3 weeks. This was on 10/15. After about a month I called the company to ask where our check was. I spoke with a guy named Tanner. He said he had to contact their "corporate" person and that person would call me back that day. No call. I called a week later. Spoke with what I assume is their receptionist. She said she couldn't transfer me to anyone who could help me. Called back a week later. Same exact story.

Called back on 12/6 and spoke again with Tanner. He said he didn't remember anything about a refund. Said his manager was coming in that afternoon and I would get a call from him. No call.

It's bad enough that these guys did a mediocre-at-best job at cleaning our vents and then conveniently couldn't show me proof of the rat feces that I was assured needed to be cleaned out. But it's another thing to overcharge me, waste my time to come back out and do a recount because they didn't believe me, not send my refund check, and then keep giving me the run-around whenever I call in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2013 09:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/deluxe-carpet-cleaning/woods-cross-utah-84087/deluxe-carpet-cleaning-deluxe-carpet-cleaning-utah-overcharged-wont-send-refund-woods-c-1105081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update

AUTHOR: Brad - ()

I received an email from chris Sovereen after filing a BBB complaint, and he personally sent me a check for more than double the original refund amount.