Complaint Review: Denise Curren

• Updated: Wed, January 11, 2017

• Reported By: Jessica — Fredericksburg Indiana USA
Denise Curren
1420 Pumpkin Hill Rd Millerton, Pennsylvania USA

Denise Curren, Denise with the Bernese, My Little Ones Bernese Mountain Dog Breeder Millerton Pennsylvania

On 12/28/16 I made contact with Denise Curren regarding an ad posted on puppyfind.com listing retired breeding dogs. 12/29 Denise called me and we discussed in detail the type of pet I was looking for, I explained I have 2 young children and we ride horses and camp a lot and I was looking for a dog I would be able to take along on the trail and camping with us, a house dog, a farm dog etc. Denise said she had several to choose from and she would text me pictures. So I chose a dog I liked the looks of by the name of Dumping, her exact words were "She is very sweet and gentle. I told her I would make arrangements to come that weekend to get her.

She then calls me back and tells me to bring a lunge line because she doesn't know how to walk on a leash, she had just never had to, no big deal, odd that a 3 yr old dog had never been on a leash but she'll learn. 12/31 I make the 10. [continued below]....

.....5 hr drive from Southern Indiana to Northern Pennsylvania and arrive at Denise's place. She takes us into the barn where it sounds like hundreds of dogs are barking and the smell of dog urine and crap is overwhelming, she asks us to wait there. At this point I realize this is a puppy mill. A few minutes later she has me come back where Dumplin is running frantically around looking for a corner to hide in, I call the dog, she calls the dog, the dog finally finds a place to lay up next to the wall away from. I approach her and she's shaking scared to death. Denise made lots of excuses as to why she was acting like that and I thought " well she'll be better off out of this environment " so I agreed to take her and paid the $500 fee.

I'm responsible for this just as well because I should have left the dog where she was but I had told my kid we were getting her and we'd just driven so far. During this week the dog has done nothing but sit in the same spot in the corner and shake(same thing she did there), when I put her on the tie out she bites it and runs from one side to the other trying to break loose, she pees when you touch her about 50% of the time, I tried walking her by the collar to get the leash and she's tried to bite me. This dog is totally unsocial and is not a pet, she's as close to Feral as I've ever seen. Please keep in mind I used to raise, train and show dogs so I have vast experience, for this reason I knew better. However, Denise should be ashamed of herself for placing her as a pet because I was very clear what I was looking for.....she was nothing near what I wanted and she described her as "very sweet and gentle" 1/4/17 Denise text asking how she was doing.

My response was about the same. I've yet to see her eat or drink, no response. 1/8/17 I text Denise saying: So as of today Dumplin has be here a week and I see absolutely no change in her. I'm honestly shocked you placed her as a pet. Her response was we just must not be clicking.....bull**** this dog won't click with anyone 1/10/17 I open the door to let my other dog out and she runs past me like a wild animal, probably won't ever see her again and I'm certain if she's found by anyone they won't be able to get their hands on her. I've searched for hours and she's no where to be found. I text Denise to let her know since her microchip is still in her name, no response......BUYER BEWARE......I'm now out $500 cost of the dog $500 rental car/fuel/food/hotel and the DOG because she thinks it's okay to sell Feral dogs as family pets!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2017 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/denise-curren/millerton-pennsylvania-16936/denise-curren-denise-with-the-bernese-my-little-ones-bernese-mountain-dog-breeder-mill-1349114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Denise Curren