Complaint Review: Deproducts - Kristopher Hunt - amazon.com

• Reported By: Madison Wisconsin
  • Deproducts - Kristopher Hunt - amazon.com
    www.deproducts.com
    Internet

Deproducts Aka Kristopher Hunt (on amazon.com) digital camera ripoff Internet Internet

I first noticed this company by searching for cameras on amazon.com. I trusted that if someone was selling products here they must really have product to sell. I made my "purchase" on May 31st.

On June 2nd I received an e-mail saying the product was sold out and so I figured my check wouldn't be cashed but I kept checking the bank for several days. The check wasn't cashed until 10 days later and I didn't notice for a few days. By the time I did it was too late to receive money back from my bank because you have to dispute within 24 hours with a check transaction. It was very clever to wait so long to cash the check.

I have reported this to the FTC and also to ITIbank, the check service used. Hopefully this person will be caught. Be cautious of someone that only allows purchases using online check services. I found out the hard way that if I had even used my debit card at least I would have been covered for 60 days.

Jessica
Madison, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2004 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/deproducts-kristopher-hunt-amazoncom/internet/deproducts-aka-kristopher-hunt-on-amazoncom-digital-camera-ripoff-internet-internet-98528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content