Complaint Review: Derma Genetix Age Defying Skin Cream

• Reported By: Dissatisfied Consumer — New York USA
  • Derma Genetix Age Defying Skin Cream

Internet
    USA

Derma Genetix Age Defying Skin Cream, Derma Genetix Skin Care Products, PurC Vitamin C Serum Trial = SCAM Internet

I am usually very cynical and think of everything as being some form of scam or another, but lo and behold, I was duped. I read an article about Joanna Gaines leaving the show Fixer Upper to engage in this great new skin care business that she had been investing in, and when I checked out the skin care line, it turned out to be Derma Genetix. I saw that there was a limited offer to receive a free trial of the product for just paying the shipping charge of $4.95. I ordered one trial of two separate products in early July and once I received the product, I never heard from the company again. I did later discover that Joanna Gaines has no affiliation with the company and does not have a skin care line at all.

On July 18, a charge for $94.77 hit my credit card account, and another charge for $93.80 hit on July 19. Since neither charge had indicated “Derma Genetix” I had immediately disputed them with my credit card company. I later realized that they were for Derma Genetix, and when I called their customer service to dispute the transaction and request a refund, they told me that there were Terms & Conditions that indicated that the trial would only last for 14 days. After those 14 days, if you do not contact the company and return the product (for an additional charge), then you are charged the list price for the products. The $94.77 and $93.80 were supposedly the list price for the “trial” products that I had received. They refused to issue a refund/return, and told me that “the best they could do” was to offer me a 50% discount, which is supposed to be refunded to my credit card.

When I placed the trial order, I do not recall ever seeing the Terms & Conditions that they mentioned. Looking at their website now, I see that there is a check box with Terms & Conditions that must be checked before proceeding. I am assuming that it is newly placed, as I would have read through it when I placed my trial order and would have opted not to order at all due the added cost to return the product, or significantly added cost to keep it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2017 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/derma-genetix-age-defying-skin-cream/internet/derma-genetix-age-defying-skin-cream-derma-genetix-skin-care-products-purc-vitamin-c-se-1388318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content