Complaint Review: DESERT STAR APPARTMENTS

1106 W. Bell Rd, Apt#1185
    Phoenix, Arizona
    USA

DESERT STAR APPARTMENTS THE WORST PLACE IN ARIZONA TO LIVE Phoenix Arizona

This is the worst apartments that I have ever lived in, in the Phoenix area.  My daughter and I lived there from Oct 2015 to August 2016 leaving 3 months early.  Due to maintenance not taking care of black mold in bathroom and bedroom and kitchen.  I called the management over and over requesting for someone to please take care of the black mold.  We both have been experiencing migraines every day and night and stomach issues, my daughter was pregnant and I was and I still am fighting cancer.   My cancer was slowly getting better then after we moved into Desert Star Apartments it started getting worse.

We would call about the black mold 2 to 3 times a month, so eventually a maintenance man gave me a can of Killz said this is all that they do to cover up the black mold. [continued below]....

.....  And another reason was the c**k roaches.  We called severl times within 3 months to have the apartment sprayed for the c**k roaches. And they would blow us off, so finally after the 3rd month of no one caring about the black mold and/or the c**k roaches, and a 2 week old baby I decided that I will not be subject to this anymore let along my first and new grandson.  Besides these issues there are issues with the bathtub, they said the refinished the tub.  They used cocking alot of it, there was no way you could take a bath in there and it hurt our feet to shower.  The cabnets where all bent and lose looked they there were ready to fall off.

Three different times we had refrigerators die on us and they would only try to fix another used refrigerator and we would have to wait a few days, while we lose a few hunderd dollars of food.  Because each time this happened it was right after we went grocery shopping.  The maintenance man could only repair broken appliances and never got new anything.  They said they retiled the floors....  NOT... new linoeum.

I gave them a letter explaining why we left about all the issues that thet did'nt care fix or repair.

They advertise handicap ready.  B.S. not one apartment has a proper ramp for the disabled.

There are so many drug dealers and addicts living there its terrible.   I was so glad to move out of that place, our headachs stopped and the stomache problems also stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2017 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/desert-star-appartments/phoenix-arizona-85023/desert-star-appartments-the-worst-place-in-arizona-to-live-phoenix-arizona-1407134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content