Report: #1198320

• Reported By: Vicki — Medina Ohio
  • Diamond Resorts International

Nationwide
    USA

Diamond Resorts International Exorbitant annual maintenance fee increases and now customer service assistence Las Vegas Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Timeshare Scam

We purchased our timeshare from a small company and the annual fees made financial sense.   Diamond Resorts purchased ILX and the fees have soared to $1500.00 a year.     We paid off our 12,000 timeshare and now we can't afford to even use it.     We have tried to sell it but no luck.   I contacted Diamond Resorts and asked it I could just deed the timeshare back to them- no cost.    I just want to get out from under the annual fees.   I was told that wasn't possible and my choices were to sell it or default on the mortgage (the annual fee is considered a mortgage).    I don't want to ruin my credit rating and I have listed the time share for sale for 1.00.    I can't give it away.    Now I'm stuck with no good way out.   I want others thinking of buying to beware of Diamond Resort and the trap they will catch you in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2014 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/diamond-resorts-international/nationwide/diamond-resorts-international-exorbitant-annual-maintenance-fee-increases-and-now-custome-1198320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: margaretsims90 - ()

Timeshares can be a terrific purchase for some families, as they also can be a giant rip off for others. 50 years ago, also known as Holiday Home Sharing or timeshare travel, timeshares were created with the idea of offering fully furnished accommodations for a lower price than a full-time ownership. Nowadays, timeshares have become a very popular vacation option, yet lots of people do not completely understand how timeshares operate. Beware of timeshare scams.