Complaint Review: Dianne and Connie's Birds

• Submitted: Sat, January 08, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, April 12, 2011
  • Reported By: ConcernedParrot — Lancaster Pennsylvania United States of America
  • Dianne and Connie's Birds

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    United States of America

Dianne and Connie's Birds parrot aviary Lancaster, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Happy customer of Connie's

Dianne and Connie's Birds is an aviary selling different species of Parrots including parrotlets, lineolated parakeets (linnies), green cheek conures and crimson bellied conures in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area. The conditions in which this mother/daughter team raise their parrots are absolutely awpaulling and their parrots are not of the quality professed on their website. Dianne and Connie's Birds will never make the great pet they suggest on their site.

The house reeks of bird filth and is filled with clutter from floor to ceiling - very unprofessional and unsanitary. The parrots are kept in filthy cages much to cramped for the number of birds housed in them. To keep them quiet, she had towels over the cages so they were constantly in the dark although it was midday. I saw many parrots with open wounds and soars probably due to other territorial parrots no thanks to the overcrowding. Most showed clear signs of distress evident in their dull broken feathers, their scared behavior and their avoidance of her. Why this aviary was breeding more parrots when they had so many adult parrots still left unadopted is beyond me.

When Connie wanted to show me a parrot, she reached into the cage and chased it around while the poor bird tried to escape. Finally she grabbed it and thrust the young parrot into my hands but the poor thing was scared practically to death. My mistake believing I was getting the quality pet she promised via her website. In my shock I bought the poor parrot hoping to give it a better home. Paying premium prices competitive with other aviaries promising quality, hand-tamed parrots, that's what I expected.

However, they are certainly not hand-tamed and my parrot, now (thankfully) healthy, happy, clean and singing his sweet parrot song, will never be hand-tamed and still struggles with being approached though we have been working with him patiently for two years now. Though I love him, these birds should be adopted out and rehomed to willing families - not sold as hand-tamed, quality pets. Do not buy parrots from these people. I'm working on filing my report with humane society and SPCA of the central pennsylvania region. They should be shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2011 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dianne-and-connies-birds/lancaster-pennsylvania-/dianne-and-connies-birds-parrot-aviary-lancaster-pennsylvania-680467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Happy customer of Connie's

AUTHOR: Parrot Advocate - (United States of America)

I have several birds from Connie and I have never had a problem with any of them. I also know several people who have Connie's birds and they are also very happy with them. I have never spoken with Dianne, but I cannot imagine any of the above is true based on my experiences.

I was new to parrots when I first contacted Connie after she was recommend to me by another of Connie's customers. Connie has spent hours of not days on the phone helping me with questions. She has been more helpful than one could ever expect.

A happy customer of Dianne and Connie's Birds.

Joe