Complaint Review: Diggy pod

• Submitted: Sat, August 19, 2017
  • Updated: Sat, August 19, 2017
  • Reported By: veronica bruce — south lake tahoe California United States of America
  • Diggy pod
    301 Industrial Dr
    Tecumseh, Michigan
    USA

In January 2017 I first contacted the company. This was my third book. I had written the book in 8 X 11 format and

wanted to convert it to a 6 X 9. Shawn Hawley, manager, began marketing to me in emails stating that each correction they

made would be $40. I had difficulty reducing size of the book. Valerie was also marketing for them. She did not know that

Diggy Pod had 6 X 9 template online and she told me the margins to use. I corrected the book six times. The book went to

print 1/31/17. I still had e mails 2/1 and 2/9/17 asking about margins.

Shawn at Diggy Pod fought me tooth and nail. They advertise 'commitment to quality'  and 'happy customers' but the 50

books I finally received for $479.50 had 114 formatting errors. They corrected it twice. I have been writing since the age of

10  and have never dealt with a company like this. [continued below]....

..... This book was supposed to honor a child who died and I am now giving it

away it's so defective.

Their own employees don't even know that there is a 6 X 9 template you can just download and cut and paste your

document to. I spent so much time reformatting and I am a perfectionist.  Sentences ended somewhere else and new

paragraphs began when they weren't supposed to. The spacing was off in the middle of the book.

Instant Publisher has much higher standards. Please do not use Diggy Pod.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2017 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/diggy-pod/tecumseh-michigan-49286/diggy-pod-advertised-commitment-to-quality-but-does-not-deliver-tecumseh-michigan-1393955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Diggy Pod hires incompetent employees then defends them

AUTHOR: Veronica bruce - (U.S.A.)

Here is Diggy Pod's problem. Google 6 X 9 template for Diggy Pod and you will get one. Valerie, an employee at Diggy Pod

did not know that and gave me margins to set which were not correct. I have the email from her. So, while Diggy Pod or

Shawn, the confused manager, states that they only print. Valerie did not even know they had a 6 X 9 template which could

be googled, but she created a Diggy Pod liability by offering me margins which cause me to lose $479.00. Now had I been

able to afford an attorney I could have submitted the emails that passed between us and any attorney would have been able

to see that Valerie had no clue and gave me poor information.

Just go to instant where they are honest. These guys will eventurally hang themselves with their dishonesty. Who would rip

off disabled seniors ages 63 and 65? Diggy Pod would.

Sincerely,

Veronica Bruce

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

In response to this customer's complaint

AUTHOR: Kevin - (USA)

In response to the customer complaint.  DiggyPOD received customer order on 1/30/2017 at which time our terms & conditions needed to be accepted to place the order. Under the terms/conditions we have listed the following:

Proof-reading of material will be the responsibility of the customer for spelling and layout accuracy.

DiggyPOD prints from a print ready pdf file that the customer sends to us when placing their order which is the file on our website. We do not offer formatting or layout services.  The customer approves the proof, we then print the books & ship them to the customer.  The customer contacted DiggyPOD regarding spacing issues that were in the books she received.  The spacing issues were in the file that the customer sent to us & also in the proof that the customer approved before her book went to print.  After various attempts to work with the customer & allow them to send in the correct file, the customer could not find the correct file & then filed a credit card dispute thru PayPal.  After re-iterating again to the customer that we would allow the customer to send in the correct file that they claimed to have in their possesion, the customer cancelled the credit card dispute & said that they accepted  the responsibility for the mistake & would send in a new file once they got back from vacation.  Six weeks later the customer contacted us & said they could not find the correct file because of computer issues. All correspondences are documented thru email.

DiggyPOD is committed to the printing quality of books we provide but we cannot control the quality of the file the customer provides. This customer accpeted resposibilty 6 months ago for her errors but yet decides to write a review about our company that is completely un-true.

DiggyPOD has a 99% customer approval rating from verifed customers , I fail to see her logic here.