Complaint Review: Direct Air

• Direct Air
    1600 Oak Street
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    United States of America

Direct Air They're Probably Going Belly-Up Because Everyone's Demanding a Refund! Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: I'm with you!

Direct Air and I have been at odds because I, like others on this site, believed that the flight vouchers I bought in November would be good for a year, and that I would be able to use one of them to bring my mother from PA to Florida this spring.

In February I tried to book a flight on line and had trouble doing so.  Then I tried time after time for days on end to get through on their reservation line, only to find a recorded message that all agents were busy and that I should try again or make the reservation on line.  There was no holding for an agent; the line just disconnected.

Finally, I emailed their information desk and got someone to try to call me (and leave a message with a number, which, again, would not connect me to a person).  Finally, I was able to try to book on line.  I had to wait almost two weeks to find out that neither of my chosen flight options were available.   I was livid, and I contacted them my email again.  A couple of days later I was contacted by Amy who gave me a number at which I was able to actually reach a human!  After some discussion, I was offered a credit for Direct Air in the $338 amount of my vouchers.  I told Amy that after this fiasco, I really did not intend to ever use Direct Air, and I want my money back.  She said their terms and conditions state that they cannot refund my money.  I told her I'd give it some thought and do some research.  I checked their web site, and I have not found anything that states explicitly that they cannot or will not issue a refund.  Also, as far as I'm concerned, their prohibiting me from reaching a reservation agent on the phone is a breach of their terms and conditions anyway.

I was going to call them tomorrow to tell them that I still demand my money, but today I received word that they are suspending all flights until at least mid-May.  The exact wording of the email is:

"Direct Air finds it necessary to suspend flight operation from Tuesday, March 13, 2012 until May 15, 2012. This decision was made to address operational matters. We are currently evaluating strategic alternatives for Direct Air.  Direct Air is committed to our passengers, employees, and the communities we serve."

The wording of the second and third sentences smacks of the "B" word (you know, a reorganization of some sort).   I've complained to the BBB and the FL Atty. General, and I will continue to complain.  Maybe it's just pie in the sky, but if enough of us complain, won't someone hear us????   We want our money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-air/myrtle-beach-south-carolina-/direct-air-theyre-probably-going-belly-up-because-everyones-demanding-a-refund-myrtle-853492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I'm with you!

AUTHOR: Angel - (United States of America)

I too have the same problem, however you at least received some type of response that your dates where not available. I submitted a request form almost two months ago and got no response at all! I too contacted the FL Attorney General. I am hoping to gather similar complaints in hopes to get our money back. I have set up an email address that I can not post here (per the rules of this site) however the rules say nothing about phone #s so call me 727-217-6318 and I will give you info. Our best recourse is to gather as many complaints as possible to submit to the right authorities.