Complaint Review: Direct Buy

United States of America
  • Phone: 989-799-9459
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Direct Buy dishonest bad customer service treat employees poor liars ripoff unlawful unfair rude Saginaw Michigan

*Consumer Comment: bad experience with direct buy

I worked at Direct Buy for four months. Through out my work I was amazed at how terrible the company treats employees, and customers. Customers would drive hundreds of miles, if they were five minutes late for appointment they were denied access to come in.

My paycheck was shorted more than once. I got paid $8 an hour. If I clocked in ONE min. late of out one min. early I would get minimum wage for the intire two week period. If they felt you weren't performing up to their standards they would cut your pay. My last paycheck there I was told if I gave my notice I would get my full pay. They LIED. I recieve minimum wage for the last pay period.

When i asked them to provide written reason why they feel they can do this, or show me something in the hand book stating this. They had nothing. They said they do this to all employees when they leave. Which is wrong, and against the law.

Also you were not allowed to go to the bathroom, get a drink or anything like that during your five hour shift. Disipline was taken if you went to the bathroom while on the clock.

Direct Buy of Saginaw goes NOT TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS, OR EMPLOYEES with respect, or by the law. something needs to be done.

Mandi Saginaw, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2006 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-buy/saginaw-michigan-48603/direct-buy-dishonest-bad-customer-service-treat-employees-poor-liars-ripoff-unlawful-unfa-225016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

bad experience with direct buy

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I am not an expert on your state's laws, but I would suggest you contact an employment attorney or your state's labor board. It would appear Direct Buy has violated state law. In many cases, wronged employees can sue and recover more than actual damages.