Complaint Review: direct express card

• Reported By: sd619 — san diego California United States of America
  • direct express card

Internet
    United States of America

direct express card Direct Express card not good to have if you only receive federal benefit , Internet

I got the Direct Express card because i was looking into different banks. I wanted to pick the right one and not get alot of fees. I am receiving VA benefits only and after two months of having this card i had two charges that I did not do one for 637.00 and another one for 19.00. Once I noticed those charges I called and asked for a placement card. I also asked them to stop those pending charges before they went threw because I found out they are from africa and I didnt know if I would be able to get those funds back. I was told I had to wait for it to be clear and then file a dispute against the company. And after i do that then the card company will send me a letter to let me know if i would be getting a credit on my account intel the dispute is finished and that takes 45 days. I was soooo upset that was alot of money to be token out of my account when I have four kids I have to support. [continued below]....
.....

Its been 6 weeks and no response from Direct Express Card . Everytime I call they tell me it cant take up to 45 days. I dont know what to do anymore. I redirected my funds to a bank account now. I just dont want to loose that money. I think Direct Express Card is not a good card for people that get benefits or any money going on that card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-express-card/internet/direct-express-card-direct-express-card-not-good-to-have-if-you-only-receive-federal-bene-970752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content