Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Bank

17600 N. Perimeter Dr
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    United States of America

Direct Merchants Bank Harrassing Phones Calls! Scottsdale, Arizona

I have been receiving several phone calls on my cell phone as of late but when I listen to the message, it's a recorded message just asking who I am and if I am listening to this message and am the person they are looking for to stay on the line.  I didn't make too much of it at first until I noticed whoever it was calling my cell phone several times a day.

Today, I received a call from someone stating they were calling from a collection agency for Direct Merchant's Bank.  They asked me if I lived in Redford, and unfortunately I did say yes (stupid, yes, I know).  They then proceeded to tell me I owed money on a Direct Merchant's Credit Card and why did I stop paying the card in 2009.

I informed the person on the phone I never even had a Direct Merchant's Credit Card and I had no idea what he was talking about.  Of course, I know it's his job to harrass, which is fine, I can handle my own, but I need help on finding out how to resolve this.  I don't owe any money to this company, I don't even know who they are.  The gentleman told me that I opened this account in 07 and stopped paying in 09, which is impossible because we had paid off our debt and bought a house in 08.  I would never have applied for this card.

How do I resolve this with this company???  And get this off my credit report??? SOMEONE somewhere did this to me and I'm nervous.

Any insight would be helpful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2011 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-merchants-bank/scottsdale-arizona-85255/direct-merchants-bank-harrassing-phones-calls-scottsdale-arizona-732185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content