Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Credit Card HSBC Bank

• Reported By: Placida Florida
  • Direct Merchants Credit Card HSBC Bank
    P.O Box 98707
    Las Vegas, Nevada

Direct Merchants Credit Card HSBC Bank Credit Card Cancelled for Lack of Use Las Vegas Nevada

I have had a Direct Merchants Bank Mastercard (administered by HSBC Bank) for 10+ years. Spoke to them in October to ask for a reduced interest rate, which I've done several times in the past. A 3.99% interest rate for 6 months was approved. My credit limit is $9500. There have been times when I've had a balance close to the limit. I currently do not owe anything on the account. I was planning to use this card for some major dental work scheduled in March. The card's expiration date is 2/09.

Received a letter dated 2/15/08 saying my account had been closed because I hadn't made a purchase in more than 6 months. Last time I used the card was June 2007. Received a "change in terms" notice on 2/28/08. Hello! You closed my account! Don't they communicate amongst themselves?! In 10+ years, a purchase in 6 months has never been an issue. What's up with HSBC Bank? What a dumb company to cancel a good customer. I didn't know you could be cancelled for lack of use. What irony. The "change in terms" notice informed me that if I default in any way, my interest rate could go as high as 33.49%. I probably shouldn't be so miffed. Maybe they did me a favor. Thank you very much Direct Merchants Bank for relieving me of your usury.

Joyce
Placida, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-merchants-credit-card-hsbc-bank/las-vegas-nevada-89193/direct-merchants-credit-card-hsbc-bank-credit-card-cancelled-for-lack-of-use-las-vegas-n-313279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content