Complaint Review: Direct tv

• Reported By: Nunziante Navarro — South Yarmouth Massachusetts USA
  • Direct tv

Internet
    USA

Direct tv Installed a dish on my roof. I was not informed that a dish would be installed instead of a TV box. Hyannis Internet ma.

I called Verizon to connect my tv internet, & phone. They gave me a price & date they would install no mention was made that the tv provider was not Verizon.

the internet was installed with the phone by Verizon. The technician stated another party would install the TV. direct tv responded &other tech. Worked in the cellar etc. when he finished , I went outside & saw a tv dish on my roof.

i told the tech, I wanted a TV box & not a dish.

i canceled the direct tv order the next day. I was told to pack the equipment in a box that they would send me. i asked when would they take the dish down. They told me I had to hire a technician . They also said they did not take the dish back. I would have to dispose of it.

i am 82 yrs old , with disabilities. I have no way of taking this dish down. I do not want this dish to dispose of. i was scamed on getting this service. I called 3 different reps. I was told it was my problem to remove this dish & discard it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2015 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-tv/internet/direct-tv-installed-a-dish-on-my-roof-i-was-not-informed-that-a-dish-would-be-installed-1230150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content