Complaint Review: Direct Tv

• Reported By: Johnna — klamath falls Oregon USA
  • Direct Tv

Nationwide
    USA

Direct Tv Promotion of 100.00 gift card to sgn up but then dont send it. First few times you call they say it takes a couple months, then they say it was mailed and then they say you were not elgible Nationwide

I responded to an add that offered a 100.00 visa gift card if you signed up for direct tv within so much time.  I called and the salesperson said he would heck to see if I was elgible for the promotion.  Then he came back and said that i was in fact elgible but i had to pay for my first months fees that day, so I did.  I had the service for three month and called to ask where the gift card was, I was told that it generally takes two - months.  I waited another month and called again, I was then told that it had been mailed to me, I told them that I had never got it and he said he would check it out and someone would call me back.

I contacted them again after a month but this time I did it on line, when i explained the situation she told me that I wasnt elgible for the gift card.  I asked why I was told i was when i purchased the services and then told it takes 3 months to get it and then told it was sent to me if I wasnt elgible.  She said she would have her supervisor call me with in 20 minutes.  Since I was at work and had to go back to work, I could not accept the call when she finally called me back 35 minutes later. After work I called back and explained the entire sistuation agin and was told she would transfer me to her supervisor.  I waited on hold for 40 minutes and he got on the phone and told me he knows it was wrong that I was told differently 3 times but that I was not elgible for the gift card.

How many people do they do this to that either forget they have the card coming or just accept that they werent elgible?  I am willing to hand my gift card over to a charity at this point if someone will help me fight this big corporation.  Its the point. and it is false advertising.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2016 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-tv/nationwide/direct-tv-promotion-of-10000-gift-card-to-sgn-up-but-then-dont-send-it-first-few-times-1334077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content