Complaint Review: Direct tv

• Reported By: Angry Customer — Alabama USA
  • Direct tv

Nationwide
    USA

Directv Satallite televison monthly subscription affiliated with At&t Nationwide

After many years of seeing my bill skyrocket with DirecTV I decided to look elsewhere for TV service.  After finding a company,  I called DirecTV to disconnect my service as I was at the end of my contract.

DirecTV put me through to their retention department.  The retention department promised me $35.00 a month for 1 year.  They also mentioned something about a discount with aT&T stated its new and I qualifed but that it was supposedly separate from my formal agreement with DirecTV.

DirecTV recorded that I agreed to exend my contact with them.  DirecTV recorded that I would pay $35.00 a month and then put me though to AT&T who had NO idea what this $25.00 a month DirecTV was talking about.  I was upset and called DirecTV to complain and the person who I spoke to saw in the system that there was a note about my agreement to get charged $35.00 a month.

A month goes by and I'm charged $62.00 which was withdrawn automatically from my bank account. I call DirecTV and was told that after reviewing everything I only recieved $50.00 off my bill.  I was told there was NO apreement to pay $35.00 a month.  I told them that they used this so called discount with AT&T to confuse their fraudulent practices.  It didnt matter however because my agreement was to pay $35.00 a month with DirecTV.  I insisted that my contact be voided and my services be disconected.

Watch out for this company they will lie and try to purposefully confuse the customer and after they have retained you, go gack and erase notes in their system, and tell you that you are a liar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2017 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-tv/nationwide/directv-satallite-televison-monthly-subscription-affiliated-with-att-nationwide-1366749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content