Complaint Review: DirectLegal

• Reported By: Shaelyn — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
  • DirectLegal

Internet
    United States of America

DirectLegal Fraudulent Trademark Services! I paid $500 to get my logo trademarked and was completely scammed! Internet

About one month ago I paid for the 'Executive Package' offered by Direct Legal so I could get my logo trademarked before the launch of my companies online store.  After calling and emailing countless times to understand the status of my trademark application (and with no response), I began to sense that something was not right.  Despite the fact that Direct Legal had many false positive consumer reviews, I finally discovered it was a fraud.

During a time when so many services are handled online, how are consumers to know which companies are truly legitimate, especially when these false companies are also posting many false reviews?  Even doing research first doesn't always save you.

I now have no trademark and lost $500.  Any help rectifying this matter would truly be appreciated. Thank you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directlegal/internet/directlegal-fraudulent-trademark-services-i-paid-500-to-get-my-logo-trademarked-and-wa-998903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content