Report: #19306

• Directv
    P. O. Box 92600, Los Angeles, CA 90009
    Los Angeles, California

Directv lack of customer service nightmare Los Angeles California

In December 2000 I ordered a Directv receiver for Christmas for my father who lives in another town. Since it was winter time, he was advised that he would have to wait until spring for the installer to get on the roof to install the satellite dish. As soon as the weather was better, my father started calling Directv to have the dish installed. He was constantly told the installed would call him but the installer never called so he had to constantly call Directv. The customer service at Directv was constantly giving him one excuse after another. For example, on May 3, Anita at Directv said the installer would be contacting him within 24 hours. Never heard from the installer or Dirctv so on May 9 Melody at Directv advised that hopefully today their installer would be contacting my father. On May 17 Anita of Directv advised she was giving to supervisor to find out why the installer had not contacted my father for installation. Finally on May 25 the installer showed up, but advised the satellite dish could not be installed because of the location which Directv could have advised my father earlier. The installer called Directv from my father's residence and advised the situation, and we were advised that since it was not our fault the dish could not be installed that Directv would arrange for the pickup by Fedex for the return of the until and within 10 days I would receive the credit on my credit card.

My father put the unit on the front porch as instructed but Fedex never showed up after numerous calls to Directv. We called Fedex to find out why they did not pick up the package, and Fedex advised they had not received the call ticket from Directv and could not pick up the package until receiving the call ticket from Directv. So On July 3 at 2:20 Directv advised
they would have Fedex pick up the package, still no pickup. On July 20 at 3:55 Matthew advised Fedex would pick up the package, but still no pick up. Finally on July 23 between 2:30 and 5:00 the package was picked up by Fedex.

Since that time I have called and called for the credit on my credit card. On January 31 Rosemary at Directv advised I would receive the credit within 7-10 days, and again Brian at Directv on February 2 at 3:00 advised I would receive the credit within 10 days. On March 14 at 2:35 Jason advised he put in another request for the credit which should be on my account within 10 days, but as you can now guess, still no credit.

I called on this date, April 22, to inquire about the credit again, and now I am told that I did not return the dish within 30 days so there is no refund and I cannot get the package returned to me. What kind of company is Directv which it seems no one in Customer Service has a clue how to handle a customer.

As I tried to explain, Directv was the ones that did not issue the pick-up ticket with Fedex until after over 30 days had passed.

I would appreciate any suggestions in obtaining my credit due me.

Sandy
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2002 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directv/los-angeles-california-90009/directv-lack-of-customer-service-nightmare-los-angeles-california-19306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content