Complaint Review: DirecTV

• Reported By: Dollar Billy — Henderson Kentucky USA
  • DirecTV

Nationwide
    USA

DirecTV AT&T/DirecTV Both AT&T and DirecTV billing me for same service Nationwide

I had internet with AT&T and TV with DirecTV. At one time they were billing me separately. Then when the companies merged they started sending me a combined bill.  I disconnected my internet (there was no contract) but continued the Direct TV until my contract with them expired in May 2017. I continued to get a "combined" bill from AT&T.

When I cancelled my DirecTV in May 2017 they continued to provide me service after I requested it be cancelled. Then I had to call them three times to get shipping materials to return my box, which I finally got. However, I started getting billed for DirecTV from both DTV and AT&T!

I returned my DTV box and have the receipts to prove it. However, both AT&T and DirecTV billed me for two additional months of DirecTV service even after I had returned the box. I tried to buy a car this past weekend and find both AT&T and DirecTV have placed collection notices on my credit report. I cannot access my account on either web site but I recently got a bill for the so-called balance AND the box (which I returned) from DirecTV. Now I have to go through the hassle of disputing these bills and trying to get them corrected. So both AT&T and DirecTV are saying I have a balance of three months service (two separate amounts) and DTV claims I owe them for the box also!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2017 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directv/nationwide/directv-attdirectv-both-att-and-directv-billing-me-for-same-service-nationwide-1409510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content