Complaint Review: Discount Global Travel

• Reported By: imlay city Michigan
  • Discount Global Travel
    25554 Woodward, Royal Oak, Mi 48067
    Royal Oak, Michigan

We were contacted by phone and asked to attend a meeting to learn more about a travel club and that we would receive a free two night vacation with airfare for our time. We attend and was talked into joining a club for a nominal fee that has been completely useless.

We joined in 2002 and to this date have not been able to use the service, but for one vacation that we set up at the time of the purchase of the club. Every time we tried to use the service it took several days for them to return the call and then we would find out that we were not receiving a discount, but instead higher prices that we could get anywhere.

The original free vacation for two nights was never received and everytime we contacted Peder Seglund about the vacation he would pass us off to someone else until we finally gave up.

We recently tried to contact the company about or membership and found out they have moved and left no address or contact information. If anyone out there has any information on the club or Peder Seglund whereabouts please feel free to contact me. I would also be interested in a class action lawsuit or an attorney interested in the case.

Marty
imlay city, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2006 12:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/discount-global-travel/royal-oak-michigan-48067/discount-global-travel-peder-seglund-deceptive-sales-practice-and-unable-to-get-any-servi-225847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I used DGT for years with great success

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

I was a client of DGT for 2 years. I received great service. I rented a condo in Cabo for $199 for the week (retail $265 per day) and one in Hawaii for $399 for the week (retail over $300 a day). I liked the service so much I worked for them on a part time basis. I found none of the bad comments being said about them to be true. I wish they were still in business because I thought it was a great product.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

JOE?

AUTHOR: Judy - (U.S.A.)

YOU GO PIERA!!!!!!!!!!!! IS JOE EVEN HIS REAL NAME??
HE MIGHT NOT HAVE ENOUGHT ####'S TO USE HIS REAL NAME.

JOSEPH FROM DGT IS BACK AND RESPONDING WHO IS HE?

AUTHOR: Piera - (U.S.A.)

Joseph

another response backing the company, why are you trying so hard to defend a company who wronged so many people? Are you going to give everyone their money back? Why would anyone go to Castawaybay knowing DGT sent them there, are you serious?

If anyone wants to join me in suing them or has succeeded in suing them please contact me I would like to go after them myself! I am pursuing a lawyer but if you have one who has the paperwork started it just would make it easier. Join me in going public to the news and embarrassing this joke of a person and get our money back.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

DGT either rebated commission on commissionable travel back to the client or gave the client a wholesale price at cost. Travel is a tough industry and after years of servicing thousands of satisfied clients DGT went out of business. They have given former clients the option to continue with another discount travel service if they choose to after a free trial of the alternative service.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds