Complaint Review: Discount Storage

• Discount Storage
    1091 1 st O'Fallon, IL. 62269
    Ofallon, Illinois
    USA

Discount Storage Unreasonable Late fee. Late fee when they are closed and can't receive payment. Ofallon Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Storage Fees

They assess a 14% late fee when the payment was mailed 5 days early the due date was sunday and Monday a holiday. When they opened on tuesday the mail delivered the payment or it might have arrived Friday or saturday but since it was a holiday it might not of been processed any way. When I contacted them they said the payment was late before and they waived the fee even though they never notified me of this. Ironicaly both times this happened the due date fell on a weekend. I have the automatic payments sent from my bank and i am notified when they are sent and it is allways a 5 days early or more when sent. I have also questioned the discounts and referal fees they offer. They just don't ever seem to apply to me. This is pretty dishonest and makes me wonder about how safe my stored items are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/discount-storage/ofallon-illinois-62269/discount-storage-unreasonable-late-fee-late-fee-when-they-are-closed-and-cant-receive-p-1081623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Storage Fees

AUTHOR: LuckyGirl2 - ()

It is my understanding that all storage facalities are controlled by state law. If a person or persons have signed a rental agreement it should be spelled out in their agreement as to the fees that will be charged. If rent is due on a certain date you need to allow for the postal service to deliver the mail in a timely manor.

I know this facility in pertcular as I have rented there several times. They provide several ways to make payment so that it can be made on time.

A. A drop box provided at the front entrance.

B. Online payment through paypal and they even bear the cost.

C. The  US mail

D. Set up with your Bank for bank payment. It must be made in advance for timely delivery

E. Payment at the office during office hours.

F. A drive up window during office hours.

I have never found them to be unreasonable, of course I always made my payments on time. Does your lender on your home or car not require you to make payment on time? If it isn't do they not charge a fee for being late?

Good luck but I feel you have created this problem yourself.