Complaint Review: Discountbooksale, DBS Books, Hot Book Sale

• Reported By: Seminole Florida
  • Discountbooksale, DBS Books, Hot Book Sale
    PO Box 810365
    Boca Raton, Florida

Discountbooksale, DBS Books, Best Brand Values, BestBrandValues Membership, Hot Book Sale Discountbooksale.com charges MONTHLY $19.95 membership fee without notice! Boca Raton Florida

I bought one book from them and got a 5 dollars discount. I was pleased with it and the book came quickly.
Now, one month later, I get my credit card statement and I see they charged me for the book and, two days later, another $19.95.

I called them and they said it's a membership! I never knew about a membership and it's not written anywhere. I never got a receipt for it or any information about what my membership is about.

They said they can cancel my membership but can't refund my payment as I had 3 days to cancel.
So I called my credit card company and explained what happened. They said I have been actually charged by them AGAIN this month....... another $19.95! Apparently it's a monthly charge!!!!!!!!!!!! What for????

The cc company is not issuing a dispute charge for me and will start investigation about this company.
I buy online all the time and I know I didn't overlook the information. It's simply not stated anywhere. It's a pure SCAM!

Besides, I'm in FL like this company so I paid FL taxes AND a foreign transaction Fee for both payments!!!!!!!!!!!!! How comes?????? Is it in FL or in Asia??

At this point I'm out of nearly $40 for saving five bucks........... what a deal! :-(

Marina
Seminole, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/discountbooksale-dbs-books-hot-book-sale/boca-raton-florida-33481/discountbooksale-dbs-books-best-brand-values-bestbrandvalues-membership-hot-book-sale-478040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content