Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Dish Network Fraudulent Account Englewood, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help you

I received a notice from my credit monitoring system that an inquiry was made in my name from Dish Network. When I called to ensure that a fraudulent account had not been opened in my name, I was told that an account was not currently active in my name. When asked what city and state the inquiry came form, I was told that I, the victim of this minor identity theft, was not allowed that information.

So here I am, on the phone with a rude and unhelpful employee who refused to let me speak to anyone higher up in the chain of command than he, and didn't resolve my issue. It is really nice to know that a company like Dish Network is theft friendly but not consumer friendly. Way to go Assholes!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dish-network/englewood-colorado-80112/dish-network-fraudulent-account-englewood-colorado-1027210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I'd like to help you

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Lela,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into this situation and it's the type that we take very seriously.  Please, if you could, email me your phone number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can get in contact with you to discuss this further and get it straightened out.  Thank you!