Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: Tony — Manteca California USA
  • Dish Network

Internet
    USA

Dish Network DISH DISH TOOK $747 RIGHT OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION! !!#/^&** Englewood Nationwide

*General Comment: What's the reason!

Signing up for Dish was the worst thing i could have done but what can you do when you have no other choice..I am sooo beyond pissed right now. Dish Network went into my bank account and took just about $750 dollars out without notification and my consent. Now mind you I didn't even have half of that amount in my account and they took it in 2 payments on the same day.... So not only did it overdraft my account but I got hit with 2 overdraft fees....ughhhh....then I had an automatic payment for my insurance go in and that got me another fee...thanks alot DISH...please if there is anyone that can help me with my situation i would greatly appreciate it because right now,i am broke and lost about what to do...this is just crazy that they can just do this to people...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2016 12:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dish-network/internet/dish-network-dish-dish-took-747-right-out-of-my-bank-account-without-my-authorization-1288611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

What's the reason!

AUTHOR: James - (USA)

Since you don't really say why they took the money from your Bank account. I'm guessing that it was they made a mistake, you were out of your contract and they said we didn't receive the equipment back, or you were still under contract and the charge you for the breach of contract and the unreturned equipment.

No matter what you are right about one thing. They were required under the conditions set by the 46 State Attorney General Offices that sued Dish back in September 2010. That they had  to give you a 15 day notice before charging your card or bank account.

If someone told you that you weren't under contract. Then they lied to you and I would have something from them that states that before the installation starts. Because the only thing you might get for free is some programming, but otherwise your under a 2 year contract.

The only recourse you have is with your Bank, the States Attorney Generals Office or a Lawyer.

Not much us Independent Dealers can do once the install is completed by us. Other than we are required to give a 6 month installation warranty. Some of my friends and I give a 1year installation warranty. But because Dish makes all the rules that we are bound by. So any misunderstanding between you the customer and Dish Network have to be resolved by both parties. You can also go to their web site and fill out an Arbitration Form.

Good Luck to you.