Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Dish Network
    dishnetwork.com
    Internet

Dish Network ripoff Internet

I was intersted in getting satetille tv but couldn't dedice which company to go with and then all the sudden I get a phone call from a dishnetwork representative with a great offer that seemed too good to be true.
I went ahead with it and I order it. as the representative told me the package offered 4 free resivers two with DVR and 2 regular ones. The channel package was 120 plus starz and the person I talked with ganranteed that my bill would be no higher than $47.50 a month so I was pleased so far.

The installation day came and it was all going pretty good until the installation guy told me that they had sent 4 DVR reseivers insted of two FIRST mistake.
Before I knew it the guy was gone and two of my tvs didn't even have service, I also didn't have any of the channels the representative had offered me. I called up Dishnetwork and all they had to say is that the guy that offered me that great deal didn't work directly for dish, he was just a certified representative or something and if I wanted to get the exact service he said i would get it would cost me about 75 dollars.

Of course I said no cuz I obiously got ripoff so I said please come get all this stuff out of my house. I talked to an account specialist and she told me I was not gonna get charge for anything because it is not my fault that was lied to. But now I found out that they charge my credit card for 150 dollar cancellation fee which I feel is a ripoff because I never got any service and I cleared this all 10 minutes after the installation guy left. I hope this will help me or someone else in any way.

Carlos
caldwell, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2005 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dish-network/internet/dish-network-ripoff-internet-142816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content