Complaint Review: Dish network

Nationwide
    USA

Dish Network $1,000 for one day of sattelite service. Nationwide

*General Comment: Do your homework

Dish Network promised me locall sports, but did not have a contract to show sports in my area.

I cancelled after one day and they are charging me for not meeting my contractal obligations.

I sent the equipment back and they say they never received them, and will charge my credit card for addtional fees.

$1,000 for one day of service.

These guys are crooks and will rip you off.

DO NOT do business with Dish Network.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2016 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dish-network/nationwide/dish-network-1000-for-one-day-of-sattelite-service-nationwide-1325556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Do your homework

AUTHOR: James - (USA)

I don't know what local sports channel you were looking for. They could have promised you the moon and didn't provide it. But it didn't take me long to Google Dish Network local sports Houston Texas and I found this

www.dish.cfom/availibility/tx/houston .

I also came up with this for their contract www.dish.com/service-agreements . I don't know of any Cable Provider that guarantees what channels are going to be in any Package they provide. I've seen channels come and go over th eyears or channels get moved around in  packages.

Right now Dish and a Company are fighting it out over price of the 39 OTA Local Market Out of a total 46 OTA Local Markets. So right now there are 39 Local OTA Channels off of Dish.

I don't believe that any Cable Provider and Channel should put the customer in the middle of their fight over price. The channel should be provided until they resolve their conflict over the price.

You really didn't expect to get the System and installation for free. Then you would walk away without being charged for it. If you bought a car and turned it back in a day later. Do you really think that you would walk away from that. I'm afraid not!