Complaint Review: DISHNetwork

• Reported By: dishdummy — Williamston Michigan United States of America
  • DISHNetwork

Littleton, Colorado
    United States of America

Back in October, I switched from DirectTV to DishNetwork, which was offering far cheaper rates. I was told the technician would arrive on Monday. He arrived on Sunday, when I was out of the country, but my house sitter let him in. I returned home on Monday but could not get around to watching TV for a week, when I learned the technician had not programmed the Remote. I tried, but the owner's manual is the most complex gibberish I have ever read - and I won a lot of awards for writing technical communications. I tried to have a chat with dishnetwork to help me figure it out, but it was hopelessly complex. I told the chat guy I was going back to DirectTV, he wrote back, "I can help with that" and in 10 seconds my phone rang. It was directv, and I signed up, and the tech arrived in two days, set up new gear, and we programmed everything in seconds. I have paid three bills from dishnetwork, but learned today - 3 months after I cancelled - that dishnetwork has just charged my CC with $402 for something, without even sending me a bill. I tried to call dish, but was immediately switched to some guy trying to sell me a cruise to the Bahamas, and when I explained I wanted dish billing, he said, "Well, good luck with that."  So, I have paid about $600 total to dishnetwork for 9 days of awful service, with awful equipment and inscrutable owner documentation. I feel like I was set up, and that this is the way dish must make its money, by making people so dissatisfied they quit, then charging them outrageous fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dishnetwork/littleton-colorado-80160/dishnetwork-ripoff-littleton-colorado-1003913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

2 bad u can't switch to bob from irvine

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

they are both d same, garbage from kenny and bob from ivrine

WOW, just WOW!

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You couldn't set up your remote?

I have had various Dish remotes and found the setup info pretty straightforward and not at all intimidating.

When you signed up for Dish (or DirectTV) you agreed to a two year term with a pro-rated early cancellation penalty.

That's what the charge to your CC was for.

What are you going to do when you have to change the batteries in your DirectTV remote and re-set it to your TV?...On, yeah, you can switch  back to Dish. Just don't forget, you agreed to two years with DirectTV too.