Complaint Review: Dishnetwork

• Dishnetwork

, Select State/Province
    USA

Dishnetwork BLACKMAIL Englewood California

We decided to go with another satellite company (Directv), to save some money & get the NFL sunday ticket for football season. So we got it installed, & then I called to cancel our dishnetwork account. Besides the normal "if I offer you this will you stay" badgering, we were also told that they would send boxes to send back the equipment along with a UPS label.

The Catch-we have to pay $17 to ship it back! Or of course we can pay our own choice of shipping. The alternative is if they do not receive the equipment within 30 days they will charge you from $100-$400 for the equipment.

When I told the lady "that is blackmail!" her reply was "Yes". And then she moved right on with her speil.

So do yourself a favor, stay away from these rip off artists. For such a large company, this is the most petty thing I have ever seen. Most companies consider shipping "the cost of doing business", evidently these guys are too small minded to see that.

I promised them I would get my $17 back -in bad press for them. If I reach 100 people who avoid these petty thieves, then my work is done. If I reach more then I am glad to be of service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dishnetwork/select-stateprovince/dishnetwork-blackmail-englewood-california-1081713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content