Complaint Review: Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold

• Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold
    10500 Ulmerton Rd. Ste. 726-302
    Largo, Florida

Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold ripoff Largo Florida

I received a phone call in February of 2006 from a lady stating that she was able to help me with rebuilding and repairing my credit. She offered this plan to me and it sounded really good. I thought with everything that was going on with my credit at the time, I would try it. She did state that I had a two week period to try it out and the information should be sent to me in 2 business days. If I didn't like it, I had two weeks to cancel.

Well when the information did arrive before the two week trial period was up, I looked the information over and immediately called to cancel. I was told my confirmation numbers for cancellation and that nothing would be charged. Approximately a week or so later, I was looking over my bank statement and low and behold was a charge of $149.00. I immediately called my bank to see what this charge was for.

My bank informed me of who it belonged to and I immediately called the 877 number to Freedom Gold. I unfortunately sat on hold for hours on end and no one picked up the phone. I kept trying for days to get ahold of someone. Finally I was able to speak with Christine S. and she informed me that I needed to write a letter requesting my money refunded to me.

It has now been over six weeks and I have still not received my $149.00 refund. I just tried calling the phone number again this morning, April 26, 2006. Guess what I got?

THE NUMBER YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED!!!!!!

Now what do I do? I am so fed up with companies taking advantage of people in desparate situations that it is unbelievable.

Beverly
Chandler, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2006 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/distinct-advantage-freedom-gold/largo-florida-33771/distinct-advantage-freedom-gold-ripoff-largo-florida-188700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content