Complaint Review: Dixie Dream Cars

• Dixie Dream Cars
    582 west Pike st
    Lawrenceville, Georgia
    United States of America

Dixie Dream Cars ACR, Inc sold me a 1966 Mustang, took my cash and never produced a vehicle title Lawrenceville, Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to previous 'Mustang Owner

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: New Title was issued

*General Comment: mustang owner

I purchased a 1966 Mustang from Dixie Dream Cars in Lawrenceville, Georgia.  The advertisement clearly indicated that the vehicle came with a clean title.  After I purchased the car and had it delivered to my home, the dealership revealed that they did not have a title for the car.  They refuse to return my money and refuse to help resolve the matter.   I now cannot register the vehicle or obtain License plate to drive it...  Mr. and Mrs Brannon (owners of the dealership) are dishonet used car salesman..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dixie-dream-cars/lawrenceville-georgia-30045/dixie-dream-cars-acr-inc-sold-me-a-1966-mustang-took-my-cash-and-never-produced-a-vehicl-890437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to previous 'Mustang Owner

AUTHOR: Mike B - ()

The FACT IS… your ex-wife has a legal divorce decree which states that the Mustang in question was awarded to her and that she owned the car, NOT YOU.  Your ex-wife also has a pending contempt of court case against you for not turning the title over to her, as the Judge ordered you to do.  Sir all your comments should be directed towards the divorce Judge who awarded your car to your ex-wife, not us.  You are not our customer.  I have never met you.  Please stop harassing us and kindly retract your slanderous, public, false accusations immediately.  Kind of gives us all an idea of why she divorced you in the first place?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

New Title was issued

AUTHOR: Brannon - ()

We explained to this customer up front that it is not uncommon for older classic cars to be bought and sold without a title.  I even talked to his home DMV office myself, on his behalf, they agreed with me and gave him a new title.  We have never sold a car with out all the necessary legal documents. This customer loves his gorgeous, red 1965 Mustang Convertible.

Georgia as well as some other states, do not require titles for cars older than 1980.  Georgia did not even start issuing titles for cars until the mid-sixties.   Some states do require new titles for older cars.  If the customer’s home state is a “title required state” that state will issue the customer a new title when he goes to register the car to get a tag.  They will also likely charge him sales tax, advaloroum tax and/or title tax at that time.  It is that simple and we explained this to this particular customer as we do for all our customers.

#3 General Comment

mustang owner

AUTHOR: mustang owner - (United States of America)

I am the owner of the 66 mustang in question. My car was stolen from me and sent to Dixie Dream cars for a quick sale. Mr. Brannon was aware there was no title and sold car anyway and took money from customers for a stolen vehicle. I have an attorney and have hired a private investigator to locate my vehicle and return it to me. I have owned it for over 22 years and my mother put painstaking efforts into its restoration. I have the title and want my car returned. Derrick **** (((phone number redacted))). Any information leading to the identity and address of pat finch would be appreciated.