Complaint Review: Dobbs Tire & Auto Center

• Dobbs Tire & Auto Center
    99 Brentwood Promenade Ct
    Brentwood, Missouri
    USA

Dobbs Tire & Auto Center $495 for work that did not need to be done. Brentwood Missouri

$495 for work that did not need to be done.

I brought my car into Dobbs for a Safety & Emissions test.  Routine work.  Was told that it failed.  Reason stated by Dobbs: "Ball Joints - Free play in any direction in a nonload-carrying ball joint...left front lower ball joint has excessive play.  Right front lower ball joint has excessive play."

I was told they could fix it on Monday (took the car in on a Saturday) and it would be $495 and change.

I took the car back to the dealership that I bought it from 3 weeks prior and had them inspect the ball joints.  They gave me documentation stating that the ball joints are fine and also gave me the measurements.  Dobbs did NOT do this...

After returning the car to Dobbs and showing them my paperwork from the dealership, they refused to take the documentation into consideration or reinspect the car unless I paid for the work that needed to be done.  They also told me that if I wanted to have the report reversed, I had to take it to State Highway.

After taking the car to State, THEY REVERSED THE GRADE!!!!!  They also told me to stay away from Dobbs and Valvoline as they are notorious for lying to customers about work that does not actually need to be done.  They (State Highway) also noted that they (Dobbs) did not give me the ball joint readings, something they are supposed to do.

After talking with the manager on duty about this, he told me that "the ball joints would need to be replaced at some point."  Not right now but "some point".

Finally, they took my car back to be reinspected.  I stood outside and watched the mechanic walk around my car one time and sign it off as passing.  Didn't bother to inspect anything, just did a lap and signed off.

Do yourself a favor.  DO NOT BRING YOUR BUSINESS TO DOBBS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2017 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dobbs-tire-auto-center/brentwood-missouri-63144/dobbs-tire-auto-center-495-for-work-that-did-not-need-to-be-done-brentwood-missouri-1390953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content