Complaint Review: Dog Food Advisor

• Submitted: Tue, September 13, 2016
  • Updated: Tue, September 13, 2016
  • Reported By: Ripped Off by Mike Sagman and the Dog Food Advisor — Miami Florida USA
  • Dog Food Advisor

Internet
    USA

My credit card information was stolen after I joined the 'Editors Choice" section on the Dog Food Advisor; dogfoodadvisor.com

The Dog Food Advisor is owned by Mike Sagman. I was new to the site and I wanted to find a good food for my dogs. There are links all over the website encouraging you to join the editors choice club.

I clicked on one of the links to see what it's about. I was directed to a video which promises to reveal the secrets to finding a good dog food that are available nowhere else on the internet, and if you join within the next 30 minutes you will receive the discounted price of $14.99. The regular price is $19.99

Mike Sagman narrates the video which pulls on your heart strings by telling you about "Penny" his poor shelter dog that passed away in 2007 from tainted pet food. I should have known that there was something fishy going on here by the mention of his poor dog penny and the secrets that will be revealed if you join Mike Sagmans Editors Choice section on the Dog Food Advisor.

I just adopted a dog and I badly wanted to feed my new dog the very best food I could, so I joined. I used a brand new credit-card and the next day there were four separate charges for the $14.99 membership fee.

I contacted the Dog Food Advisor and told Mike Sagman what happened. He told me it was a computer gliche and he would take care of it ASAP.

The next day there are THREE MORE CHARGES of $14.99, and no refunds. That made seven total charges from the Dog Food Advisor. I again contacted the Dog Food Advisor. This time it was Patti Sagman and not Mike Sagman who replied, She told me that Mike was a busy man and if I just showed a little patience it would be taken care of.

I was shocked. So far I didn't contact my credit-card company because of Mike Sagmans first response to me. After Patt Sagmans reply I immediately contacted then and reported the six extra charges from the Dog Food Advisor.

Two days later there was still no refunds but there was a $700 DOLLAR CHARGE from chewy.com for alot of dog supplies. I contacted the Dog Food Advisor again and this time I received a replay from Mike Sagman and he basically accused me of trying to scam him and the Dog Food Advisor.

I finally received a refund from my credit-card company for ALL THE FRAUDULENT CHARGES and they opened a full investigation to try and find out who from the Dog Food Advisor stole my credit-card information.

I will update this report with any new information!

Please stay away from Mike Sagman and the Dog Food Advisor or this could happen to you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2016 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dog-food-advisor/internet/mike-sagman-dog-food-advisor-credit-card-fraud-1328014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Tracked By The Dog Food Advisor

AUTHOR: xander - (USA)

Did you guys know that when you visit dogfoodadvisor.com up to 252 TRACKING COOKIES FROM OTHER WEBSITES ARE PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER?

WHY? I thought dogfoodadvisor.com was a dog food review site, not a data collection service.Who knows what websites Mike Sagman is allowing to put tracking cookies on dogfoodadvisor.com. There's no way to know who is steling credit card data on dogfoodadvisor.com.

What if one of those cookies is a key logger? What if those cookies track EVERY WEBSITE YOU VISIT after you leave dog food advisor?

Maybe Mike Sagman and Patti Sagman had nothing to do with the credit card fraud? Maybe one of the other websites their selling your information to stole it?

Dogfoodadvisor.com is owned by Mike Sagman a retired dentist. He use to advertize on DrSagman.com like one of those late night infomercials.

"LEARN THESE SEVEN LITTLE KNOWN SECRETS OF COSMETIC DENTISTRY"

Mike Sagman has been mining data for a LONG TIME NOW. The below screenshot is from 2012. He uses that same picture on the dog food advisor, CREEPY.

All you people who got ripped off should contact an attorney. Maybe with ALL THESE CASES someone could start a class action lawsuit against everyone from dogfoodadvisor.com, including Mike Sagman and Patti Sagman.

mike sagman's dog food advisor is ripping people off!

AUTHOR: texas tart - (USA)

Mike Sagman and the dog food advisor ripped me off for over 200 dollars!!!

On thursday oct 31 I joined the editors choice forum on dog food advisor. Two days later I had a charge from 213dollars from walmart that wasnt mine. Someone from Virginia ordered stuff online. This was a brand spanking new credit card and dog food advisor was the only place I used it before Ithe bogus charge from walmart.

Mike Sagman's dog food advisor is ripping people off.

Pissed in Naples

AUTHOR: Pissed in Naples - (USA)

Why is dogfoodadvisor.com still able to take online payments?  I signed on with that editors choice deal for $14.99. Got charged twice then I got a charge for $80 from an electronis store in Naples Florida.

I contacted the helpp desk and i got a reply fron Patti Sagman said she couldnt find my information. I kept contacting the help desk and never heard back from Patti Sagman, Mike Sagman or anyone one else fron dog food advisor.

Some one should shut them down. Scam Scam Scam

I was ripped off to

AUTHOR: ripped off 2 - (USA)

There's a bunch of thieves running the editors choice club on the dog food advisor.  I signed up on a monday and the same day somebody charged 56 dollars to my card on ebay.

Took me 2 months and alot of headaches to get that crap cleared up. Nobody at the dog food advisor did anything. MIke Sagman was no help atall. He said that nothing like this has ever happened before lol. Freakin liar is what he is. I'm surprised they haven'tben shut down.

Dog Food Advisor | Credit Card Fraud

AUTHOR: Stung in Texas - (USA)

I'm so grateful you wrote this. I joined the the Mike Sagman's Editor's Choice club on thedogfoodadvisor.com a while back. I had one small hiccup signing in. Patti S (I wonder if that's Patti Sagman) from the help desk took care of it. My next bill from Visa had the charge for the Editor's Choice club as I expected, but there was also a charge from Chewy,com for $297 bucks.

I would never have put the two together if I hadn't read your ripoff report on Mike Sagman and Dog Food Advisor. Visa removed the charge from Chewy. I always thought that Mike Sagman and Dog Food Advisor were spot on. I going to start spreading the word about Dog Food Advisor's Editor's Choice club and unauthorized charges from Chewy.com.

Dog food advisor ripped me off!

AUTHOR: Stung in Texas - (USA)

Deja Vu

I joined the Editors CHoice on dogfoodadvisor.com a while ago. The video was a little tacky but I wanted those industry secrets lol. The Editors Choise section of the Dog Food Advisor was a let down. The editor (Mike Sagman) was a no show. Whenever I asked a question one of the regulars would answer it and that's not why I joined. I asked for my money back and a Patti S contacted me (I don't know if it's the same Patti Sagman your talking about).

Patti S asked me a few questions and said she was sorry. My refund was on the next credit card statement and so was a charge from Chewy dot com. I never bought anything from Chewy. I informed the credit card people about this fraudulent charge and a month later I was issued a refund. The charge was for $192 bucks.

I never would have put two an two together if I had not seen your ripoff report for Mike Sagman and the Dog Food Advisor.

Thank you for writing about this. I hope people see it and noone else gets ripped off on dogfoodadvisor.com.