Complaint Review: Dominicks

71st And Jeffery
    Chicago, Illinois

Dominicks Overcharged at register for weighed asparagus Chicago Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: not intentional

First, how does Dominicks charge $1.19 cents for a lemon? Second, I was at the store tonight and because food is so high now, I am careful and weighed the asparagus while in the vegetable section. It weighed less than a pound. The displayed price was $2.99 p/lb. Got to the register and of course everything was computed quickly. After paying and receiving my receipt I scrutinized it as my bill was $75.00 for only a couple of items. My aspargus was over $5.00 and the weight was 1.87 pounds. The cashier had closed my line after me so know one was around. I took the asparagus and weighed it myself on the belt - walla! .84 lbs. I requested assistance and the cashier came back. I explained and reweighed the item so she could and she still didnt get and told me to go to custerm assistance which was closed because the store was closing. I demanded resolution and waited 10 minutes until another came out to explain to me that asparagus cost $2.99 a pound not .89 cents. I reiterated what I told the cashier and pointed to the mistake on the receipt and he weighed it and said "you are right". While he gave me my money back for the entire cost of the asparagus, I wonder how many time this happens in a day where people dont catch it. How did this happen?

$1.19 for a lemon which I am sure not many buy must be the incentive to rip people off by putting additional weight on a scale. Who would catch it!!

Missy
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2008 10:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dominicks/chicago-illinois-60649/dominicks-overcharged-at-register-for-weighed-asparagus-chicago-illinois-338143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

not intentional

AUTHOR: mashimashixp - (USA)

Mistakes happen, get used to it.  I have worked front desk at a Dominicks store and the most common reason why produce was weighed incorrectly was that the cashier leaned on the scale on accident.  This is very common among the more heavyset cashiers.  Im not being mean or anything but this is the main problem that I came across when I managed front desk and had to reimburse customers for incorrectly weighed produce.  It isnt the stores fault and really the cashier didnt do it on purpose so calm down.  You got your money back and it seems like you got your asparagus for free.  None of this was intentional by the company.