Complaint Review: Donald Heald
- Donald Heald
Donald A. Heald Rare Books
- Category: Museums
Donald A. Heald Rare Books DEFRAUDING THE PUBLIC
1. Do ebay, don't pay tax, and sell forgeries (seller ..donaldheald)
2. Rig prices........Get a friend to list a rare book for an outrageous price. Then, find an unsuspecting member of the public, show him the dummy price and then sell yours at a "bargain". Also, have shills bid up the material so it looks expensive.
3. Join a "reputable" trade organization. In this case, try
the Antiquarian Booksellers of America. They don't seem to have a complaints proceedure and also condone fraud and theft.
4. Make an absolute fortune, then pay almost no tax.
The trick is to declare a small amount so they don't get suspicious.
5. Take material on consignment and never give it back. This works well on poor people who cannot afford the time or the lawyers to reclaim the property. When you get the stuff, claim that you don't know what happened top it.
6. Generally be a total jerk-of and don't respond to any sensible or courteous emails after you've committed theft.
7. Make like noone can touch you. Go around like Puff Daddy with high class hookers and a chauffer.
8. Get an email address like email@example.com
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/donald-heald/nationwide/donald-a-heald-rare-books-defrauding-the-public-7051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: