Complaint Review: Dr. Felix Rippy

• Dr. Felix Rippy
    139 Barker Street
    Randwick,
    Australia

Dr. Felix Rippy Felix Rippy Very rude and unorganized. Too slow to respond to authorization request Randwick

*Consumer Comment: Dr. Felix Rippy and my delivery situtaion

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal From Dr. Felix Rippy

First of all Dr. Felix Rippy is very rude. Second his office is very unorganized and slow. They still use a typewriter here and are very outdated like they are stock in the 80's.

I had asked Dr. Felix Rippy for an authorization to see if my delivery can be done via C- Section, but I have waited 2 weeks with no answer and I could deliver the baby anytime now, so I was getting worried.

On a prior occasion Dr. Felix Rippy did not listen to what I was saying. He would ask me the same questions over and OVER again regarding my symptoms.

I went to their office to pick up my records so I could change the doctor. When I collected my records for my new OBGYN, I was horrified to see he wrote down symptoms I hadn't told him. [continued below]....

.....

He didn't seem to value me as a patient.  I didn't feel he realy wanted to figure out what was causing my painful symptoms.  All he did was keep prescribing me the same medication that did not work.

I should add that Dr. Felix Rippy's staff are alright, altough they probably need to learn to use computers and not typewriters!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2017 01:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dr-felix-rippy/randwick-nsw-2031/dr-felix-rippy-felix-rippy-very-rude-and-unorganized-too-slow-to-respond-to-authorizati-1383176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Dr. Felix Rippy and my delivery situtaion

AUTHOR: Cathy W. - (USA)

I was a patients of Dr. Felix Rippy. On the day of the delivery I was actually driving in the freeway when my water broke. I had to call an emergeny ambulance to come get me. They took me to another hopsital than were Felix Rippy works.

My husband called Felix Rippy and asked if he could come over to this other hospital and he said he could not because he is not allowed to work at other hospitals, so the choices were to either stay there or go to his hospital. The other doctor said that I was at least 8 hours away fronm delivery and we could leave as long as we sign a waiver that if anything happened on the way they would not b e responsible.

We decided to do it and my husband drove me to the other hospital. When we got there there was no sign up Felix Rippy and they said he had already left for the day. My husband tried to call him on his emergency line but he kept getting his voicemail and left 2 messages.

But he never called back. I was really in a lot of pain and I did not care anymore so the other doctor ended up delivering my baby. this new doctor looked pretty young, so I was not sure if he was as well experienced as Felix Rippy.

Thank God he delivered a healty boy, altough the labor took about 15 hours and I was in much pain the whole time. I couldn't help but wonder if Felix Rippy would have done a better job.

The next day Felix Rippy called and told my husband that he had fallen sleep and had not heard the calls. Well what BS reason. What the hell do you have a emergency phone line for when you can't answer it.  I think he might have convinatly decided he wanted to sleep rather than work extra hours.

For this reason I do not recommend Dr. Felix Rippy and I have now changed my OBGYN doctor.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal From Dr. Felix Rippy

AUTHOR: Dr. Felix Rippy - (Australia)

I am Dr. Felix Rippy and I would like to state that the information stated here is in accurate. It is possibe that my office uses outdated equipment, which is not an issue because we provide excellent services. However. the facts stated here are untrue and in fact I have no idea who this patient is.

However, if someone may have found that I am rude, I do appologize for that as that is never my intention. I deal with many patients daily. Sometimes I work 20+ hours in a day when I have to do a delivery that takes longer than expected or I get emergncy calls.

If this was an authorization issue, please understand that many times authorizations are not up to me and are up to the insurance company. Most likely we had to wait to hear back from insurance company, hence that is why you did not hear from us.

Janet, if that is your real name, I would like to speak with you to cleat up these issues. Please give me a call at my office at anytime. Even if you do not intend to come back, I just like the chance to speak with you and appolgize if there was somehing that I did as that was never my intention.

If there is anything at all that I can do to resolve this, please let me know,

Sincerly,