Complaint Review:

Dr. Mary O'Conner fathers rights advocate, deceptive clifton park, New York

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Dr. Mary did a forensic evaluation for our family for family court.  She was chosen by their father and paid for by their father.  I found out later she was on a fathers rights list.  My interactions with her were either sickly sweet or bordering on hostile.  She changes in the blink of an eye.  Definite phoney!  She told me to my face she would never recommend taking my kids away from me, and in the report that is exactly what she did recommend.  She diagnosed me with a narrcissitic personality with out even giving me a personality test!  I have since taken the MMPI and another psychologist has evaluated me with empirical evidence that I do not have a narcissictic personality disorder.  She accused me of alienating my children, based on answers to some questions she asked the kids.  But she forgot to ask questions about the children's father.  She asked them nothing about the verbal and physical abuse he bestowed on me.  My son told her he was sexually abused by his father in his first meeting with her.  She brushed it off, because she didn't believe him.  Correct me if I am wrong but a mandated reporter is supposed to report a suspected incidence regardless of if they believe it.  She brushed all this off.  Now 8 months later after a gruelling trial that was completely biased towards the father because of solely her bogus report, the father got joint physical custody after the children having primary with me for 2 years and me being a stay at home mother.  During one month of this arrangement, his obviously distorted sense of power, has caused him to to be arrested for stalking and harrassing me, arrested for threatening the children with knife because they didn't do what he wanted, my eldest, 13, is in counseling for depression over that incident and the whole situation, and a whole host of other issues with all 3 children regarding their father.  She single handedly has caused chaos, mental health issues for 4 people.
A forensic evaluator is trusted by the courts as a professional.  It is their duty to gather and report facts.  Facts that can be reported through empirical data.  Dr. Mary could provide no such data, therefore infringing on my rights to a fair evaluation.  By guiding interviews with leading questions, it clearly infringed on all of our rights to a fair evaluation.  By not reporting my son's abuse allegations, she has broken the law.  The incidents I have described following her inaccurate report and consequently a judge trusting her judgement, has significantly impaired my and my sons lives.
I feel she has started a ball rolling, that could end up in one of my children or myself being harmed.
Writing a 26 page report, with little empirical data in support of man who paid you money, with 3 human children as the objects, should be against the law.
She never spoke to collateral sources.  It was a huge ripoff, but more importantly it has hurt a family.  That hurt you can never get back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2011 03:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dr-mary-oconner/clifton-park-new-york-12065/dr-mary-oconner-fathers-rights-advocate-deceptive-clifton-park-new-york-753244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Mary O'Conner