Complaint Review: Dr. Richard M. Thomas, Chiropractic Physician Of New Life Anti-Aging

• Submitted: Tue, June 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 23, 2012
  • Reported By: Bellbrook Ohio
  • Dr. Richard M. Thomas, Chiropractic Physician Of New Life Anti-Aging
    1100 Wilmington Ave
    Dayton, Ohio

Dr. Richard M. Thomas, Chiropractic Physician Of New Life Anti-Aging Chiropractic Physician Ripping Off Dayton, OH Community Dayton Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Company has been nothing but Amazing!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The information was inaccurate

Dr. Richard M. Thomas of New Life Anti-Aging allowed me to believe he could reduce the blemishes of my nodular acne through what is called "Photo Acne Clearance." After the 5th treatment, preparing for the 6th, the doctor was simply asked why the treatments did not seem to be working. Immediately Dr. Thomas became angered and stated it was due to my non-compliance with his face care line I was supposed to purchase ($120). Confused, I asked the doctor why he did not communicate clearly to me that I would need to use HIS face line care products in conjunction with the treatments for optimal results. I also asked him why he would continue to treat my acne at $99 dollars a treatment, 2 times a week for 8 weeks, knowing it would not help my nodular acne. Dr. Thomas became enraged at this point and pulled the plug on the machine stating he would no longer treat me.

My hope in all this mess would be for the Dr. Thomas to learn from his unethical and unprofessional ways, and begin treating his customers as customers. Good grief, I paid the man $500.00 for services that did NOT improve my complexion at all.

Good, paying customer
Bellbrook, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2009 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dr-richard-m-thomas-chiropractic-physician-of-new-life-anti-aging/dayton-ohio-45410/dr-richard-m-thomas-chiropractic-physician-of-new-life-anti-aging-chiropractic-physicia-464132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Company has been nothing but Amazing!

AUTHOR: Jesy K - (United States of America)

I love this place!

Mary is so sweet and thoughtful and the whole staff is amazing, I have been going for lazer hair removal since November and I have to say they have almost completely removed everything.  I have followed every tip they have given me in order to optimize my results, and it has worked! 4 treatments in and everything is almost completely gone!

The staff is knowledgable and friendly. They don't treat me like just a number. They are very engaging of conversation and I have learned so much about the group of people that are helping me.

Not many companies can say they do that!

I would highly recommend if you are in the market for treatments, to seriously consider going to New Life. Such a warm place to go.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The information was inaccurate

AUTHOR: Dr. Thomas''s Staff - (United States of America)

Photo Acne Clearance is an effective and bona fide treatment for acne cases.  This is exactly what is communicated to patients.  They are also advised that there is an abundant amount of information on-line that can be researched on this treatment.  Patients are never told that I can "reduce blemishes."  They are educated re:  the treatment and advised that I can provide a specific treatment.  No more and no less.  Each patient, each patient's condition and each patient's response to treatment varies.

In this particular case I advised this patient that the use of several preparations were also necessary to treat her condition as well as lab/blood work to include various hormone levels.  This patient refused.  When a doctor specifically tells a patient that it is his recommendation that she have certain tests performed and to use specific topical products it is not a matter of clearly communicating, but, rather, a matter of the patient either following professional recommendations or not.

If a patient chooses not to follow professional recommendations then it is certainly within the doctor's prerogative to refuse further treatment.  And, yes, this patient was non-compliant.

Following this discharge of the patient she became extremely aggressive and disruptive, to the point where she was advised that if she did not leave the premises it would be necessary to call the police.

Sometime later my office was contacted by American Express.  According to American Express this patient had contacted them and said the she had never been in the office of a Dr. Thomas, nor did she ever know a Dr. Thomas and wanted any charges for professional services removed from her AMEX statement.

Fortunately, as a part of our medical records, we take before and after photos at each visit.  Copies of the dated photos were made and forwarded to American Express discrediting what was a blatant lie.

She claimed to be a juvenile probation officer and, if true, one would certainly think she would know better than to attempt to perpetrate credit card fraud.

It is always unfortunate when a doctor must discharge a patient for lack of compliance.