Complaint Review: Dream For Life - Consolidated Media Services

• Updated: Wed, February 25, 2004
  • Reported By: Anytown Illinois
  • Dream For Life - Consolidated Media Services

Nationwide

Dream For Life - Consolidated Media Services Ripoff telemarketing sweepstakes scam Don't Know Nationwide

*General Comment: The number

Hi,

I am really glad to have found this report. A few weeks ago I received a call from "Maria" at the "Dream for Life" sweepstakes saying that as a preferred credit card customer I had been entered in a drawing and won a diamond watch.

Then she said that they would send me some magazines that I would never read voluntarily. When I asked her if there was a charge for the magazines, she stuttered and said they were only $3.29 a week.

I told her that they could send me the watch but that I didn't authorize them to bill me for any magazines.

It's been 3 weeks and I haven't received the watch, but I had been worrying that they had still scammed me somehow through agreeing to accept the prize. But from the details here it looks like I did the right thing by not giving my credit card number (which is always unnecessary to claim a prize, anyway!!!).

I don't have any info on this company other than the phony sweepstakes name, but I will keep you posted if I can recall their 800# from my caller ID.

I also found out that if you think you have just received a call from a scam artist you can dial *57 and their numver will appear on your bill so you can give it to the authorities.

Hope this helps.

Grateful
Anytown, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2004 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dream-for-life-consolidated-media-services/nationwide/dream-for-life-consolidated-media-services-ripoff-telemarketing-sweepstakes-scam-dont-81806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

The number

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I received the same call. The number that called me was (270)984-8919.