Complaint Review: Drive Finacial Services - Santander Consumers USA Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, November 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, November 14, 2009
  • Reported By: Shawnt — Dallas Georgia United States of America
  • Drive Finacial Services - Santander Consumers USA Inc.

Internet
    United States of America

Drive Finacial Services - Santander Consumers USA Inc. drive financial Charging me 5.40 a day for being late. Internet

*Author of original report: Company is not following contract.

*Consumer Comment: Yes, the Contract Terms Should Be Followed!

Hello and good day,

I have just gotten off the phone with Santander Consumer USA (drive financial).

I admit I have been late due to the fact things in my life have been not smooth.

I was told that I am being charged $5.40 plus cents a day for being late. My contract states that the max they can charge me is $50.00 or 5% which ever is lower!

They don't care about this.  I feel that this company is a ripoff! How can they charge something other than what is stated on my contract?

Also I was charged for 2 payments from them through western union with out my consent. They have admitted it was there error and have refunded the second payment but have yet to refund my over draft that took place because of this. They say a check is coming from western union for this but I will wait and see.

I more upset about set up them charging what they want even though my contract states other wise.

Some help would be nice dealing with this company. How about our own government stepping on this. I see this company it doing what they want with other people too.

Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2009 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drive-finacial-services-santander-consumers-usa-inc/internet/drive-finacial-services-santander-consumers-usa-inc-drive-financial-charging-me-540-a-522209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Company is not following contract.

AUTHOR: Shawnt - (USA)

You are missing the point. My contract does state when I am late your company can only charge $50.00 or 5% of the late payment, which ever is lessor and that is on my contract. I have kept this in a safe place. So don't tell me it does not state this. My contract consist of a front and back. 1 page in total. On back for late fee is refers to this section as above. You can't charge higher. That goes against contract.

Thank you.

Yes, the Contract Terms Should Be Followed!

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

The contract governs the entire transaction, doesn't it?  So, when the paymentis due according to that same contract, you should be making it so that it isn't late!