Complaint Review: Drive Financial - Santander Consumer USA

• Drive Financial - Santander Consumer USA
    8585 N. Stemmons Fwy, Ste 1100N, Dallas, TX 75247
    Dallas, Texas
    United States of America

Drive Financial - Santander Consumer USA Santander Consumer USA Scam, Rip-offs, Horrible customer service Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't add up

*Consumer Comment: Company full of scumbags

We financed our truck through Drive/Santander.  We recently had enough money to pay off the truck.  I called and got a pay-off amount.  I sent the check in.  I got a call from them a couple weeks later saying we had a balance because our pay-off check had a stop payment placed on it.

They were insisting that I send in a bank statement.  I felt they had no reason to need that kind of documentation.  Finally a manager informed me that a letter from the bank would suffice.  After sending in a letter from my bank and speaking to numerous customer service representative, supervisors, and managers, the situation was not resolved; in fact, it was worse.

The end result was not only sending in another check, but it was for a larger amount.

Ultimately, the customer service representative were not helpful, rude, threatening, and ignorant in regards to the situation and company's policies.

I would definitely NOT recommend this company and actually beg others not to use them!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2010 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drive-financial-santander-consumer-usa/dallas-texas-75247/drive-financial-santander-consumer-usa-santander-consumer-usa-scam-rip-offs-horrible-c-624845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Doesn't add up

AUTHOR: In my opinion - (U.S.A.)

Question??? Some of the things in your post dont add up.

You said that yu ended up sending in another check.  If the 1st check did indeed clear, why was there a need to send in another check?  If the 1st check did clear, where did the funds come from to pay the 2nd check?

You probably had Simple Interest Financing --- This would be the reason that the payoff amount went up.  Interest is accrued daily.  The extra days it took to receive the payoff .... caused additional interest to be added.

Company full of scumbags

AUTHOR: Reyna - (U.S.A.)

This company is nothing but a scam and needs to be ran out of business.  We all need to file a class action lawsuit against them, their business practices are unethical, they would rather take a person vehicle than to work with them.  They are just scumbags.