Complaint Review: Drive Time

• Drive Time
    Fort Worth Texas
    Phoenix, Arizona
    USA

Drive Time Call the media, attorney, TELL EVERYONE, they take advantage of people Fort Worth Texas

*Consumer Comment: If...

*General Comment: Drive-Time is Exploitative and Immoral..You are Correct

This company takes advantage of people. They do not stand behind their vehicles and they only give high interest rates. I really feel they discriminate and because of them I had to file Bankruptcy. This company needs to be shut down. We need to call the Attorney General and the Consumer Protection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2013 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drive-time/phoenix-arizona/drive-time-call-the-media-attorney-tell-everyone-they-take-advantage-of-people-fort-w-1059513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

If...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

If the crying, whining wailing welfare type deadbeats wouldn't have screwed over previous creditors then they wouldn't need to go to a subprime dealership!

#2 General Comment

Drive-Time is Exploitative and Immoral..You are Correct

AUTHOR: JonathanX - ()

I have never financed anything through Drive Time but I use to be an insurance adjuster and I handled auto insurance claims from many people who had been in accidents in Texas. Drive Time stands out because when I would be handling their paperwork they all had terrible finance deals. As you know the insurance company really doesn't pay in full what you owe but what the car is worth. Well, to put it simply these people drove off the lot with these Drive Time financed deals terribly upside down. They had HUGE payments on OLD vehicles or on vehicles that should have not cost no where near as much.

Drive Time SCALPED these people. I understand folks say "Oh well, these people had bad credit" but I don't believe even with bad credit you should SCALP a person in interest and finance charges. Drive Time is illegal in my opinion (I don't care if the law says they aren't... we all know who backs these laws right? CORPORATIONS that's who). Drive Time PROFITEERS.

Usury which is the charging of interest is being used in a way that is utterly evil, immoral, and predatory. And the state of Texas and the South and even this country could care LESS.

I have, for the past four years, bought all of my cars USED and paid for them in CASH off of craigslist. Do a little research. Research the VIN with the tag office to make sure their are no liens. Run the Car Fax report to make sure the vehicle hasn't been in any accidents by which they were totalled or have water damage (such as being a Hurricane Katrina Car) and the like.

Then pay CASH.

Unbelievably, the cars I purchased off of Craigslist and paid cash for drove better with fewer problems than the used cars I financed. I am driving a Toyota Camry now that I paid $700 dollars for on Craigslist. I have been driving it for two years. It has only needed minor work.

But in conclusion you are correct. Drive Time is PREDATORY and yes they RIP PEOPLE OFF.